Remember that time I bought Aqualabel's moisturising milky mousse facial form and whitening emulsion at the pre-launch in June and they were giving away away free facial voucher with every $30 spent. So I made appointment for 23/5/10 afternoon slot as I was off from work at 1pm < worked on Sat afternoon :( >
It was at the Shiseldo office at Orchard Building just opposite Cineleisure. Not my 1st time there as I have went there a couple of times before for their Shiseldo sales.
Reached there at 2pm sharp and a very pretty lady asked me to change into their white towel robe in the room for facial. When you enter the tiny room there is this mirror with a basin. At the side is the full range of the Aqual Label 's products, the Whitening range (in blue packaging) and the Moisturing range (in red packaging).
The lady came in after that but she said I wore the robe wrongly! Yes I wore it around my neck covering my shoulders, I should be wearing it around my bust ( I was quite embarrased, how could I forgotten how to wear this? I went for facials before! but was very long that I didn't already) instead! I was like "sorry!" and she said it's okay :) and I turned around quickly and wore it down in a jiffy.
Actual Process - The Whitening Facial using Aqual Label's Whitening Range
This is my rough understanding of the process, from what I asked during the facial. Cos normally the person don't explain every single step she's doing on your face.
1. Makeup oil removal on face including eyes and lips : She commented I have clogged pores at the cheeks near my nose. Reminded me to use makeup removal oil when I have foundation and sun block on!
3. Steaming : I think to open up the pores?
4. Exfoliating whitening cream from ZA, to rub away my dead skins cells.
5. White up Lotion aka Softener : She emphasized this is not Toner ( for minimising pores). This is to help remove excess dead skin cells and allow better absorption of the products in the next step.
6. Emulsion + Oil : Emulsion is like moisturiser, she combined the product with some oil and massaged my face, neck and shoulder! It was "Kimochi.........". Very relaxing!
7. Hot Towel : She used a hot towel to cover my face and neck, it was a bit tad too hot, but she did ask me whether it was too hot or not.
8. Whitening Face Mask : So she used the sheet mask and covered my face, and left me alone for maybe 10 mins?
9. Whitening Enhancer :
Yep so that's all. The liquid foundation was very light and quite moisturing in my opinion. Could consider buying if you are looking for a liquid foundation! I'm not sure about the coverage as I don't have any serious problems with my skin right now. But I supposed it is a light coverage foundation.
Did you Know?
I asked her if the moisturing milky mousse foam I bought from her was safe for use around eyes, the facial lady said yes. And she said if I don't use water to lather up the cleanser, I can use the creamy cleanser to remove my eye makeup. So it doubles up as a make up removal! But if it's that kind of hard to remove water proof eye mascara/eyeliner then it is still necessary to use removal oil.
Side story: The pretty lady is a Indo-chinese Shieldo assistant trainer. They don't offer facials normally at their office, it's only for this promotion! =) Thank you Shieldo!
P.s. Next up will be Out Alone: Chapter 2 - Shopping!