Blog Layout


2012年5月17日木曜日

Short Update!

So.. it has been 3 months since the last blog post in dearfairygodmother land... What have I been doing?
Life is pretty much back to normal in this Tiny Sunny Island (Singapore) since I returned from the land of Kangaroos and Koalas (Australia) ^_^. How time flies it has been half a year already! I've been back to work in the same company that I have been working in since end of 2007. From celebrating my 21st year old in the company until now... you all can roughly guess how YOUNG I am now :/

It was just like a dream, going abroad to study for 9 months and coming back becoming a degree holder. In my line of work, owning a piece of paper or not (certificate) determines the salary, affects the entitlement of various benefits such as days of annual leave, shift allowances. So naturally diploma holders would want to upgrade themselves to get a degree in the end. I believe this goes the same for many other fields of work. But what was frustrating was that there wasn't really a good (and fast) degree programme for Laboratory Medicine (which was what I studied in polytechnic). Luckily a colleague recommended (ex-colleague now) a programme in which his girlfriend (now his wife) in Australia studied. The Laboratory Medicine programme in RMIT, located in Melbourne. 

So long story short, I'm very happy with my results and I am looking forward to my graduation ceremony in Singapore in September! There is a tiny hint of regret that I was not able to stay and participate in the major graduation ceremony last year 2011 in Melbourne, as I wanted to come back and work asap to earn money to repay my debts and I couldn't afford to fly my family over to participate in the ceremony. Oh well look at the video below! 



As I grow older, this blog also grows with me. The title "DearFairyGodMother" implies that I started this blog to pen down my worldly desires. From being a Japanese "Gyaru" style fan in name (not necessary in style), a Michelle Phan fan, a spendthrift, a makeup junkie, after coming back from Melbourne to Singapore, some incidents led me to grow up and change my mind of what I really want in life. Mainly, health and financial issues. Last time my daily essential reads were makeup related blogs like "Rouge Deluxe" and some others . Now I only these sites once in a blue moon because there was no point reading them when I do not have the ability to buy those stuff. I'm more into motivational and health sites and there is one particular Singaporean blogger I recommend to read which is Fay Hokulani 's site. I am also now trying to build up my financial intelligence which is zero by reading books and websites. 

I think there is a big change in me, from being ignorant dreamy girl who now wants to be a person who has specific goals and dreams which I believe that can be achieved. I hope the contents that I update here from now onwards would be more useful to people who stumble onto my humble site. :)

So here marks the end of my short update in DearFairyGodmother...
I'll be back!



xoxo
Harumipq

P.S. Watched The Avengers with him yesterday and I liked it! Although I didn't watch Thor or Captain America before that... :) Shall catch them up when I have time! 

0 件のコメント: